What you’ll be doing...
Security is critical to our company’s success. As part of our team, you’ll partner with customers, project managers and Network Engineering teams to design and deliver measures that keep data safe. Our security team works around the clock to defend against breaches and keep our networks reliable and secure.
- Handle the operations and administration of the organization's information security activities including systems and data security, disaster recovery, and archiving.
- Develop, implement, and communicate information security standards, policies, procedures, and tests.
- Provide technical and analytical support to solve a wide range of complex issues and problems. Periodically makes recommendations that aid in the successful completion of projects within a product or functional area.
- Conduct security verification & validation reviews to ensure the ongoing protection of Verizon assets and sensitive customer information - Perform phone, online, onsite, security logs and audio/video recordings analysis security verification & validation reviews to identify security risk and non-compliance areas.
- Work with peers, international counterparts, management and Legal to identify areas of risk relative to Global projects and operations, and provide recommendations for controls to the same - Create security reports outlining identified "actual" security risk areas and non-compliance with strategic recommendations to management where appropriate.
- Manage, coordinate and track mitigations to ensure appropriate progress within recommended time frame.
- Provide management periodic updates - As requested by Supervisor, give occasional presentations to senior management and/or Legal on varying topics of Security interest.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's in CS, IA, a relevant discipline or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of technology experience, including five or more years of experience in Cyber Security, Information Security or Information Assurance.
- Five or more years of experience in security verification & validation, compliance or audit.
- Management experience.
- Task and project management experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Three or more years of experience demonstrating knowledge of various software development processes including Agile methodology.
- Experience managing people in a matrixed environment
- Task and project management experience including complex, fast paced, highly sensitive projects.
- A range of skills within a technical or professional discipline including familiarity with principles, theories, concepts and technologies to work on generally complex operational or technical activities and an applied knowledge of established procedures, policies and practices.
- Experience with interacting with varying levels of user groups, senior executives and technical personnel and the proven ability to effectively work with and communicate with all.
- Knowledge of a broad array of security solutions to address many complex control scenarios.
- Excellent communication skills including the demonstrated ability to adjust presentation style to the needs of the audience and based on the intended objective.
- Quick and effective analytical skills to identify security risks and/or gaps in security controls.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the business processes within a targeted audit and to present technical information clearly to a nontechnical audience.
- Excellent problem solving skills to evaluate control alternatives that best reduce risk while maximizing enablement of the business.
- Experience in global operations, offshoring, outsourcing - Global Verizon outsourcing knowledge and expertise in associated risks.
- Operational Network, IT Development and Systems support background.
- One or more years of experience in physical security reviews
- Knowledge of and ongoing interest in cutting edge technologies.
- Training/background attending security conferences, SANS certifications, chairing of forums, writing of security/technical books and/or similar web content.
- Technology or Operations auditor experience - Active Security+, CISSP, CISA, CISM, CFE, or CEH Certification.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2465865-senior-information-security-analyst
• Post ID: 89435392 chicago