What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Connect is guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles and things move through the world. Our full suite of industry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient and more productive. With more than 3,500 dedicated employees in 15 countries, we deliver leading mobile technology platforms and solutions.
You are a self-motivated, high-achieving, organized creative who likes to work in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment. You are a storyteller who creates compelling messages that drive engagement and ultimately sales. You are the copy/strategy creative lead that develops other writers on your team.
- Concept and collaborate with internal marketing and creative teams, including other copywriters, designers, art directors, and programmers on direct mail, websites, POS, animations, testimonials, events, newsletters, ebooks, social, videos, press releases, white papers, and others as needed.
- Master and implement our OEM partners’ brand standards in order communicate to telematics prospects and customers in their voice.
- Simplify complex data, engineering feature sets, and processes into clear, concise communications that effectively position and sell our products.
- Interview subject matter experts and review existing materials to develop up-to-date and accurate outlines and content.
- Improve effectiveness of existing communications to increase response rates, brand awareness and loyalty, and retain existing customers.
- Create compelling and grammatically clean content.
- Proofread communications prior to release to client or into the marketplace.
- Deliver high-quality work under tight deadlines.
- Maintain professional and productive vendor/partner relationships.
- Manage a team of two internal copywriters, and multiple outside agency and freelance writers.
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or related field.
- At least 7+ years of copywriting experience in advertising and/or digital media with a focus in subscriber-based, direct-response marketing channels.
- 3+ years managing and developing other copywriters as part of a team.
- 3+ years of experience working with consumer electronics, SaaS or commensurate product-based companies.
- Experience developing B2B and B2C (including retail) sales and marketing communications with emphasis on direct response and lead generation.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and the ability to manage several projects at once.
- Creative and skilled at assessing challenges and offering multiple solutions.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon Connectpowers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon Connect.
Telematics, Fleetmatics, Telogis, Skyward.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2491993-senior-copywriter
• Post ID: 90556787 chicago