Posted: Sunday, February 4, 2018 3:16 PM
Company Name: Mariano's
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Demonstrate a love for food and passion for people while creating an excellent customer experience by maintaining a friendly, safe and clean environment. Promote and deliver a shopping experience focused on providing customers with efficient service through hands-on knowledge of sushi and seafood. Create and serve sushi ensuring it is well presented and fresh. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working and shopping environment.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service by demonstrating sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by thanking customers for their business.
- Greet customers in a genuine and friendly manner throughout the store and assist them by escorting them to products, loading/unloading heavy items and helping them to retrieve out of reach items.
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Operate equipment (e.g., box cutter, knives, slicers, wrappers, scales, processor, compactor, highboy cart, tongs, steamer, food processor, cleaning utensils, shrink wrappers) according to company guidelines.
- Direct and participate in the execution of maki, sashimi, nigiri, salads and spring rolls; process fresh whole fish and prepare sauces/rice.
- Ensure sushi items are well presented, fresh and consistent with recipes.
- Ensure proper inventory and product handling to control shrinkage and waste.
- Gain and demonstrate a high level of operational execution, product skills and process skills.
- Ensure consistent execution of all department standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Manage a cost-effective program through appropriate forecasting, planning, ordering and receiving of product and supplies and efficient scheduling of employees to achieve labor goals.
- Plan work duties appropriately during the scheduled shift to accomplish all assigned tasks.
- Maintain high cleanliness standards; clean as you go, inclusive of washing, cleaning, sweeping, mopping.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines; comply with and reinforce all food safety and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs; report all issues and illegal activity, including robbery, theft or fraud.
- Assist general team members as needed.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequent turning, standing in one location, reaching, stooping/bending, kneeling, walking, lifting/carrying objects 40 to 80 lbs., and pushing/pulling up objects 70 to 650 lbs., and exposure to outside temperatures. Occasional standing or walking on uneven ground, squatting, kneeling, pushing/pulling objects 650 to 1000 lbs.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Culinary degree or degree in progress
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years' sushi-making industry experience
- Comprehensive working knowledge of operations, food handling and functions
- Effective interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Basic math skills (counting, addition, and subtraction)
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Mariano's: At Mariano's, our values are rooted in the Midwest -we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It's these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years. Here, you'll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly 443,000 associates who serve customers in 2,796 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states and the District of Columbia. Kroger and its subsidiaries operate an expanding ClickList offering - a personalized, order online, pick up at the store service - in addition to 2,253 pharmacies, 787 convenience stores, 324 fine jewelry stores, 1,439 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is recognized as one of America's most generous companies for its support of more than 100 Feeding America food bank partners, breast cancer research and awareness, the military and their families, and more than 145,000 community organizations including schools. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: IL || Wheaton || 625 S Main St || 60187 || Mariano's || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
Associated topics: cafe, deli chef, grill chef, kitchen, pastry, pastry chef, pizza chef, prep chef, salad chef, sous
• Location: Chicago, Wheaton
• Post ID: 89300412 chicago