ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery, Otis Spunkmeyer, and Oakrun Farm Bakery. We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 24 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
ARYZTA Americas operates one of the largest specialty bakery businesses servicing all major customers in the retail, foodservice, QSR and convenience store channels.
The Americas Structure includes four operating Business Units: Brazil, Canada, ARYZTA US Baking Solutions and ARYZTA US Consumer Foods, which are serviced by the Americas Central Support Functions covering areas such as Food Safety & Quality Assurance, Environmental Health & Safety, Sustainability, HR, Legal, IT, Finance Shared Services, Procurement, Category Management, and Commercialization.
- Food Safety Coordinator
- Chicago, IL USA
- Quality Assurance
- FSQA Manager
The Quality Assurance Compliance Coordinator will ensure that all documentation related to product safety, legality, and quality systems is maintained in compliance, with government, customer, and third-party requirements. Maintains records of product quality for regulatory and company use. Promotes and supports company continuous improvement efforts and initiatives. Ensures that employees adhere to Plant and government regulations with emphasis on safety, sanitation and quality.
Applies basic skills and procedures appropriate for an entry level position within quality assurance. Duties and tasks are standardized. Resolves routine questions and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher levels. Works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Review, verify, file and maintain records relating to product safety, legality, and quality systems
- Become knowledgeable in the requirements of third-party auditors such as: AIB, BRC, Silliker, Cert ID, SW Silliker, FDA, USDA, Department of Agriculture, Woolworth, etc.
- Ensure compliance to specifications from Aryzta corporate and those mandated by customers
- Conduct audits of procedures used in all areas of the plant and issuing a completed report with corrective actions to relevant managers and supervisors
- Maintain schedule calendars to stay on track with QA task calendar, training, and P&P Reviews
- Conduct follow-up with Managers to ensure that corrective actions to deviations are being completed in a timely manner
- Data-entry of records related to product safety, legality, and quality systems
- Manage the plants training program by coordinating the schedule, maintaining all records and databases
- Keeps informational paperwork current including: Kosher certificates, supplier letters of continuing guarantee, supplier lot code verification and supplier food defense compliance letters. This will require phone, letter, and /or e-mail correspondence to various companies using good customer service skills
- Write and maintain HTML for internal Quality Manual, BRC, Silliker, Cert ID, FDA, USDA, Department of Agriculture, including all pertinent documentation filed within
- Assist with various data collection projects
- Assists and at times leads otherSupervisors with traceability exercises
- Verify product formula compliance between the network drive and R&D
- Manage and control the document control program
- Cross-train in other Quality Department disciplines to be able to assist with coverage of call-offs and vacations in other positions
- When covering for other positions, the Quality Assurance Compliance Coordinator will not be permitted to verify or audit that work. A Quality Supervisor or the Quality Manager will cover that task
- To maintain impartiality of the auditing functions of the position, the Quality Compliance Technician will be insulated from procedure writing and form creation. The positions primary function is to observe and report
- Overtime hours may be required based on work demand. Employee must be flexible with these hours.
- Resident resource when the QA Manager and Supervisor are absent
- Employee must follow and comply with the plants GMP, Food Safety and Safety Procedures
- Clothing and Hygiene must be neat and clean
Education and Experience:
- Excellent Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint skills
- Bachelors degree from an accredited four year institution of higher learning
- Extensive experience in the implementation and auditing of GFSI and BRC standards
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization as well as customers
- Ability to analyze data and project trends and correlations
- Must have good command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Employee Must Adhere to All Bakery, Safety Policies, & Procedures as a Condition of Employment and Follow the Four Safety Values
- Hearing Protection Required
- Non-slip, closed toed shoes advised
- Pinch points on conveyors
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Noisy Work Environment
- Heavy Equipment in motion
Work Environment/ Physical Requirements:
- Frequent lifting up to 50 lbs
- Constant standing and walking
- Frequent reaching and bending
- Constant standing/walking. All jobs in the vicinity of the food processing area will not be provided seated accommodation unless it is determined that the employee qualifies for ADA provisions, to be reviewed on a case by case basis.
ARYZTA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 82041957 chicago