- We have an openings for 2 full-time BAKER position.
- Location: University of Chicago - 1155 E. 60th St #291, Chicago, IL 60637. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Shift is from 5:00 am to 8:00 pm, with availability on weekends, a possible 2nd shift from 5:00 pm to 2:00 am.
- Requirement: Must have prior bakery experience.
Are you looking for a job with competitive wages and benefits, one in which you can learn and grow while making a difference in the world? Were hiring! Bon Apptit Management Company operates more than 1,000 cafs around the country for corporations, universities, and museums, as well as a few dozen public restaurants. Weve led the industry in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, from sustainable seafood to cage-free eggs. We cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients.
Full-time associates at Bon Apptit are eligible for many benefits, including:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) with matching by company
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- On-the-job training
Learn more about careers with Bon Apptit: (link removed)
Summary: Prepares baked goods according to recipes and production specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bake breads, pies, cakes, cookies and other pastries as necessary per the provided production and catering sheets; assists in production planning to meet daily requirements.
- Ensures proper food preparation by utilizing approved recipes, following prescribed production standards and use of proper equipment.
- Assists with the completion of production records to include waste tracking, used/unused portions and product shortages; informs supervisor when supplies are low.
- Ensures proper presentation, food quality, portion control and maintenance of proper serving temperatures.
- Maintains sanitation and orderliness of all equipment, supplies and utensils within work area.
- Handles foods items appropriately and with all safety regulations in mind during preparation and service.
- Cleans equipment and workstation thoroughly before leaving the area for other assignments. Keeps display equipment clean and free of debris.
- Interacts with customers and resolves customer complaints in a friendly and customer-service oriented manner. Relays relevant concerns from customers directly to supervisors.
- Consistently exhibits the ability to keep up with peak production and service calmly, accurately and efficiently.
- Checks to ensure that all food is presented, served and displayed per standards.
- Follows principles of sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment, ensuring corporate and OSHA safety standards are followed.
- Completes shift work, as assigned, in a timely and thorough manner in accordance with department standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 89213542 chicago