Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory Consultant - Valuation Real Estate (Full-Time Fall 2018
Do you thrive in times of disruption? Do you have a passion for real estate and the various asset classes within the industry? As a Consultant in our Valuation and Modeling practice at Deloitte, you’ll join our real estate team and have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working alongside leading professionals across diverse industries while building your professional skills by participating in a variety of projects. You’ll be involved in helping our clients understand, analyze, and respond to various business opportunities and challenges presented by real estate transactions and key business and investment decisions.
Work you’ll do
You will have the opportunity to work on projects to help advise clients to effectively select, deliver, manage, and value investments in capital assets and real estate to maximize returns and reduce risk. You’ll leverage advanced, technology-enabled solutions to help our clients more confidently make decisions and execute on those decisions to drive performance. Your responsibilities could include:
• Conducting research from both primary and secondary data sources
• Data mining and organizing data
• Interviewing market participants and property managers
• Writing quality memos and reports
• Performing lease abstractions, audits & revenue optimization analysis
• Performing financial / cash flow modeling
• Preparing Argus/DYNA/Excel based models
• Analyzing of economic and/or demographic data
• Understanding and applying applicable audit / reporting rules and analyses
• Performing inspections of real estate projects, and performing 3rd-party appraisal review
Our Deloitte Advisory Valuation Real Estate team serves clients throughout nearly all industries, handling many types of property-related issues, including due diligence, lease advisory, market analyses, underwriting process evaluations, portfolio related services, litigation support and expert witness services, and complex property analysis and valuation. Our professionals frequently deal with large portfolios of real property assets on a regional, national and even global basis.
We also cover the full spectrum of real estate valuation services, from evaluating large and diverse portfolios to performing single-property analyses, as well as identifying and performing valuations of tangible and intangible real estate-related assets. Learn more about our Valuation market offering at Deloitte.
• Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in one of the following majors including: Real Estate, Economics, Accounting, Finance or Business Administration with a Real Estate / Economic focus, or a related field of study
• Relevant work experience (e.g. industry internships, summer positions, school jobs)
• Demonstrated leadership and strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Experience prioritizing tasks, working on multiple assignments and managing ambiguity
• Experience working independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Travel up to 20% may be required, dependent on role and location
• Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.2 preferred)
How you’ll grow
Through your variety of experiences at Deloitte, you will have the opportunity to develop analytical, communication, and leadership skills that can help you achieve your full potential, no matter what career path you eventually choose. You will be continually challenged by your clients, your team members, and your peers. Along the way, you will have access to mentoring, counseling, and training opportunities to help foster and accelerate your development of new skills and capabilities. For new campus hires, we offer extensive onboarding and new hire training to help you hit the ground running. You’ll travel to Deloitte University for national new hire training that includes technical and soft skills training, as well as invaluable networking opportunities. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Click here for more info: https://jobs2.deloitte.com/global/en/job/DELOA004X151325/Deloitte-Risk-and-Financial-Advisory-Consultant-Valuation-Real-Estate-Full-Time-Fall-2018-University-of-Illinois-at-Urbana-Champaign
• Post ID: 73842608 chicago