What you’ll be doing...
This opportunity if for an experienced Sonus Principal Consultant. You will work on Session Border Controller (SBC) implementations of Sonus equipment with our customers and provide support, training and mentoring on Sonus offerings for existing staff members. You will be responsible for implementing Sonus solutions for our contracted customer opportunities. While most work is anticipated to be conducted remotely during normal business hours, there could be a customer requirement that will require some level of on-site support and/or support during customer designated "green zone windows" which typically occur after normal business hours or on the weekend.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- BS degree in one of the STEM disciplines.
- Demonstrated an increasing level of technical expertise with the Sonus SBC over a ten year period. Considered a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the Sonus 1000 - 7000 series of SBC's.
- SME expertise in the following: Network Deployment Design, Routing and Translation Design, Transcoding Design, EMS, PSX, ePSX, CCL, ASM,SBA and Netscore implementation and integration expertise.
- A detailed understanding of the SIP protocol stack and be able to perform packet captures and analyze the data flow to determine anomalies in the operation of a Sonus solution.
- Ability to take complex solutions and concepts and discuss them with customers and management who do not have the experience and/or training to discuss complex issues related to Sonus opportunities. Written and verbal communication addressing the highest levels in a corporate structure.
- Understanding the Avaya, Cisco, and Microsoft Lync platforms.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/8162277-sonus-principal-consultant
• Post ID: 82217387 chicago