Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 12:08 AM
Benefits Offered Medical
Employment Type Full-Time
We are seeking a TECHNICAL AND GENERAL LABORATORY SUPERVISOR to join our team!
Technical and General Laboratory Supervisor Downers Grove, Illinois
The Confirmation Scientist will serve a variety of essential laboratory services within a High Complexity Laboratory in compliance with CLIA/COLA Standards. The successful Confirmation Scientist will be responsible for sample preparation, reagent/control preparation, analyzing data, result reporting, and occasional accessioning of samples and immunoassay operations for a growing physician’s owned toxicology laboratory. The Confirmation Scientist will work under direct supervision of the Technical Supervisor and Laboratory Director.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Follow the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling, processing, test analyses, reporting, and maintaining records of patient results in a growing production lab environment.
• Adhere to the laboratory’s quality control policies and documenting all QC activities, instrument and procedural calibrations, and instrument maintenance.
• Follow laboratory policies whenever test systems are not within the laboratory’s established acceptable levels of performance
• Be able to identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either correct the problem or notify the appropriate supervisor
• Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
• Only perform high complexity testing under supervision, if required by personnel qualifications requirements and ability.
• Understands and maintains confidentially of client information and results in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
• Understands working of a clinical setting, with biological specimens and chemicals, in accord with CLIA, COLA, and OSHA regulations.
• Work well in a team of scientists, but also work independently, and communicates effectively.
• Competent or quickly become competent in laboratory duties, including sample preparation, reagent/calibrator/control preparation, analysis of immunoassay and LC/MS/MS data, instrument maintenance, and tracking of supply inventory.
• Competent or quickly become competent in toxicology and drug metabolism to review and prepare final reports.
• Demonstrates and promotes the company vision.
• Regular attendance and punctuality a must.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Laboratory Information Systems.
Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Forensic Science, Biology or other science related field of study, or the equivalent work experience.
One (1) to (4) year of previous high complexity toxicology laboratory experience required.
Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry experience a must with Agilent 6420 LC/MS/MS and MassHunter software experience preferred.
Knowledge of toxicology, drug metabolism, and trade vs generic drug conversions (ie. Tylenol vs Acetaminophen) is required.
Must be self-motivated, highly organized, accurate, and detail oriented.
Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Must be a good listener and be able to analyze, prioritize, and multitask assignments.
• Location: Chicago, Downers Grove, IL
• Post ID: 75423798 chicago