What you’ll be doing...
The Sr. IT Project Manager is a position within VerizonConnect over Information Technology Delivery division that will manage projects and/or programs for various IT initiatives that are driven by business need. The Sr. IT PM will:
- Coordinate multiple projects across all of IT by putting together detailed project plans and task/milestone assignments/LoE estimates across all project tasks and resources
- Effectively relay project plans to all involved parties (e.g. IT Development, IT Admins, BSAs, business stakeholders, Executives, Verizon PMO, etc.) and act as the point of contact for any issues that arise in the Project/Program Lifecycle
- Coordinate and lead sessions with proper stakeholders to resolve any conflicts/issues that arise across a program/project; work closely with Verizon PMO on status reporting and timelines; adhere to proper change management processes, ensure action items and decision points are shared and agreed upon across all key stakeholders; also align with VZW/Product/GTM release schedules to determine production migration timelines
- Assess stakeholder needs and issues, and document scope and ROI documents in a clear and concise manner
- Quickly learn and adapt to various business systems and adheres to an agreed upon project management methodology and process
- Work with vendors as needed to ensure business needs are met and projects are moving in accordance with agreed upon timelines, and budget
- Occasionally gather and document system requirements, assess stakeholder needs and issues, and document required processes for large IT initiatives
- Manage multiple portfolios driving significant integrations and enhancements to business systems processes spanning multiple departments and orgs both within and outside of Verizon Telematics; this includes cross organization integrations, new large system implementations, as well as integrations with Verizon Wireless/other entities
- Lead and/or assist with IT project prioritization efforts across all departments and effectively communicate ETA’s to stakeholders; Also assist in developing IT roadmaps based on departmental needs and key initiatives
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent. Prefer degree in Computer Information System or MIS
- At least 7 years of experience in a Project/Program Manager role within IT (or 5 years experience with a Master’s Degree)
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to quickly become a trusted leader of projects
- Ability to accurately document and transform business pain points and needs into scope and ROI documents
- Strong understanding of SDLC and the project management lifecycle
- Excellent time management skills; able to work efficiently while meeting tight deadlines and multiple competing priorities
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills; ability to work creatively in problem solving environment
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to various business systems and processes as well as project management tools and methodologies
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely clear and professional communication ensuring all communication includes the right level of information and is distributed to all the proper stakeholders
- Willingness to work flexible and/or extended hours to complete project tasks and coordinate migrations and/or calls with stakeholders in various time zones after hours
- Ability to Travel up to 25%
- Experience in business analysis and/or systems analyst as well as gathering and documenting system requirements
- Knowledge of the full testing lifecycle along with solid BSA experience
- Detailed understanding of common industry standard business practices as related to: Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations, Care, etc.
- Experience with software in a ‘Software as a Service’ (SaaS) environment
- Knowledge and use of ERP and CRM systems (like Salesforce/NetSuite/Oracle/SAP
Keywords: Telogois, Fleetmatics, Telematics, Skyward
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2490730-senior-it-project-manager
• Post ID: 90556707 chicago