Posted: Monday, March 19, 2018 12:08 AM
Position: Product Designer
Department: Product Design & Development
Reporting to: VP, Product Design
Location: Chicago, IL (West Loop)
Status: Full-Time, Permanent
A Little About Us..
When we opened the doors in 1986, it was with a simple idea: to make products people loved. Today, we are the market leader in soft sided insulated coolers and lunch bags, with offices around the world and a large team of passionate experts.
A passion for innovation drives everything we do. It is reflected in the construction of our products, our choice of materials, and our exacting attention to every detail. We pride ourselves on bringing new ideas to the marketplace faster than any of our competitors and hold numerous design and utility patents to prove it.
Together with Arctic Zone®, we have 30+ years of experience perfecting our design and insulating capabilities, and a long history of "firsts" that have enriched the category: the first collapsible cooler, insulated lunch bag, collapsible rolling cooler, Zipplerless™ cooler, TableTop™ cooler, and more!
Our office environment is friendly and laid back. Dress is casual, work hours are flexible, and there are dogs at the office more days than not. Check us out at www.arcticzone.com!
We are seeking a creative and ambitious Product Designer to join our fun-loving design & development team based out of our head office in Toronto.
The successful candidate has a background in product design and development, ideally with experience in insulated products, handbags, luggage and/or other soft goods or related consumer goods industry. Knowledge of construction techniques and pattern drafting (i.e. cut and sew) are required. Knowledge of plastic part design is an asset but is not required.
Most importantly, though, the ideal candidate should have a passion for working collaboratively in a team environment and creating great products.
• Develop innovative new features and profiles
• Research competitive products and current trends, apply them appropriately to product development
• Prepare presentation CADs and factory artwork for new or existing items
• Review development samples for construction and cost
• Develop new prints and patterns as required, ensuring all items are developed within the appropriate timeline
• Review lab dip and pattern swatches for production
• Attend meetings and liaise with Product Management teams as required
• Other duties as required
A Little About You..
• A graduate from an Industrial Design program
• At least 2 years of experience in product design and development
• Experienced with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
• Knowledge of SolidWorks and/or other 3D CAD packages would be considered an asset
• Knowledge of textiles, synthetic materials and hardware
• An excellent communicator for clarifying design/technical issues with factories overseas
• A creative thinker with a meticulous eye for detail
• Organized, thorough and able to prioritize
• Reliable and self-motivated; a team player, yet able to work without close supervision
• Able to work under pressure with the ability to professionally accept and provide feedback
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply via email to: email@example.com. Please include a resume, portfolio of work and/or work samples, and a note about how you can add to our team!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
• Location: Chicago, Chicago, IL
• Post ID: 91109462 chicago