Required Travel: 10-25%
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Min Experience: 5-7 Years
Job Function: Patient Access Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: $0.00 - $0.00 (Yearly Salary)
Manage the day to day activities of the Patient Access staff for the site healthcare delivery system. Promote best practices in the hospital for pre-registration, registration, admission, point of service collections and bed control functions in support of patient satisfaction and revenue protection.
The Manager provides leadership and direction to staff to ensure excellent customer service to internal and external customers and the efficient process flow to service delivery areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Review daily, weekly and monthly staff quality and production reports to ensure all areas of operations are performing at best practice levels and adjust accordingly. Ensure that all staff complete work with a sense of accountability and ownership, as it relates to their work area assignments by closely monitoring the department metrics related to productivity and quality.
2. Monitor all key performance indicator (KPI) reports and address concerns as needed, while maintaining goals and targets. Flex staff to volumes to ensure the highest levels of productivity are met within budget.
3. Continually review and improve existing procedures and distribute all internal and external information as needed to ensure staff members have the necessary tools to successfully perform job functions, meet compliance with state, federal and insurance payor requirements and provide excellent customer service to our patients and customers.
4. Conduct daily rounding, regular one-on-one meetings with all direct reports, and regular unit meetings to identify and resolve any issues. Develop direct reports to improve skills as needs or deficiencies are identified. Promote staff engagement and employee commitment.
5. Maintain a thorough understanding of all core registration processes, point of service cash collection, financial assistance, Medicare and Medicaid program benefits, insurance requirements and payor authorizations to ensure that all financial clearance requirements have been met.
6. Create and adjust departmental staffing plan in alignment with budgeted staff levels. Provide 24/7 coverage as may be required for department operations.
7. Facilitate, communicate and resolve issues with internal or external customers. Facilitate communication between departments by providing updates on operating unit performance and potential barriers and making recommendations for improving processes.
8. Facilitate and participate in multi-disciplinary workgroups related to Patient Access and other areas of the revenue cycle, or the site healthcare delivery system as assigned. Safeguard ministry revenue through point of service cash collection, financial clearance and denial prevention.
9. Provide support for dual report relationship with centralized leader with financial counseling and central scheduling as applicable to the site.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned
Contact Person: Michael Sciarabba System Director, Patient Access
Email Address: email@example.com
• Post ID: 64755853 chicago