What you’ll be doing...
You will explore what our people need to learn to be even better. Your programs and learning approaches will align with our business needs and be highly effective and in tune with our culture. You’ll design learning solutions that are engaging, fun and most importantly build those capabilities needed to enable our people to create the Verizon of the future.
- Creating innovative learning solutions for sales, products, customer service, and employee development.
- Resourcing learning initiatives with internal and external training experts.
- Managing vendor and contractor relationships.
- Evaluating program effectiveness and continuously improving our solutions.
- Managing the archive of learning programs and materials.
Furthermore, this position is focused on creating training curriculum for B2B / Enterprise system initiatives. The position requires collaboration with key stakeholders such as IT (Information Technology), Channel Operations (Voice of the employee), and other L&D Counterparts (Continuing Education, New Hire, Communication, Delivery, etc.). The consultant will project manage system initiatives from the translate phase to evaluate creating learning solutions that create a memorable learning experience for the end user.
- Understand what system initiatives are occurring and the need for them
- Translate what is the best learning solution for the company, end user, and customer to ensure a memorable learning experience occurs
- Develop Game Plan outlining all tasks and dates for agreed upon solutions
- Create relevant training content based on business directives and submitted requests
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and levels of the organization
- Partner with stakeholders to obtain feedback and approval on created solutions
- Prepare solutions for implementation
- Evaluate solutions post implementation
- Complete assigned technical tasks on time as assigned.
- Manage administrative tasks associated with implementing assigned requests, including internal communication, publishing and document maintenance.
- Evaluate and assess the effectiveness of key training initiatives through the use of surveys, analyzing results and/or collecting performance measurements.
- Extract data reports from various development tools and build out remaining data based on current content definitions
- Be innovative and use multiple development tools and solutions to create memorable learning experience
- Set up, post and maintain training materials to internal training library and learner portal sites
- Produce high quality deliverables, on time under aggressive deadlines.
- Must be dependable and adhere to company goals and objectives.
- May require weekend hours for Enterprise Releases and holiday coverage
- Travel required
What we’re looking for...
You’re energized by discovering the best new learning approaches and applying them to create engaging learning programs. You seek feedback and understand the importance of continuous improvement. You gain satisfaction from meeting key learning objectives and seeing the impact of a strong learning program.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of experience.
- Four or more years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge in design and delivery of employee training.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and training approaches.
- Consulted with HR professionals and their business clients.
- Managed projects effectively balancing timeliness and quality.
- Highly energetic, self-motivated, with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills and the ability to summarize and communicate effectively and concisely.
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously and work in a fast-changing environment that requires a high degree of multi-tasking with minimal supervision and a strong sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated technical and analytical skills, including the ability to understand, translate and simplify technical and/or strategic source content into simple and direct information needed by the frontline.
- Demonstrated ability and advanced technical skills in using Microsoft Excel as a reporting tool.
- Knowledge of multimedia and social networking tools (blogs, wikis, online communities, video cast, podcast, m-learning, vILT, etc.)
- Competency in e-learning and performance support development tools including Captivate, Adobe Professional X, Adobe Connect 9, Camtasia, Picktochart, Reflector, video production,interactive web-based training, CQ, etc.
Available at any Verizon Wireless location.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2505556-learning-and-development-consultant
• Post ID: 91095987 chicago