Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via online at: www.davidsonhotels.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Davidson Hotels & Resorts. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Delivering Hospitality, Creating Value, Every Customer, Every Time.
Davidson Hotels & Resorts is one of the largest and most successful independent hotel management companies in the industry. The combined experience of our team represents a breadth and depth of expertise that is unmatched, and we believe our people are the cornerstone of our success. We are committed to making Davidson a great place to work and provide the foundation for building successful careers. If you share our passion for delivering hospitality where details matter, apply today to join our team!
Established in 1974, Davidson Hotels & Resorts is a leader in the hospitality industry and a rapidly growing hotel company. We offer full service hospitality management, development, acquisition, accounting, and consulting expertise for the lodging industry. Our portfolio of hotels is focused on 3 and 4 star properties such as Hilton, Embassy Suites, Doubletree, Renaissance, Marriott, Westin, Sheraton, Hyatt Regency, Radisson and impressive Independent and Select Service Hotels.
- The Front Office Manager must personally demonstrate a commitment to customer service by soliciting and responding promptly to guest needs. Ensure all members of the Front Office staff, including new hires, are trained to meet standards of each component. Empower department staff to deliver exceptional customer service by encouraging and rewarding responsive guest assistance. Other responsibilities include:
- Meeting or exceeding budgeted profit and margin of the department. Prepare annual departmental budget that accurately reflects the hotel's operations plan. Anticipate revenue/cost problems and manage the timing of discretionary expenditures. Analyze financial and operating information on an ongoing basis in order to achieve budgeted labor and other cost standards.
- Manage human resources functions including recruiting, selection, orientation, training, performance reviews, pay and recognition programs to maintain a skilled and motivated workforce. Maintain a positive, cooperative work environment between staff and management. Emphasize training and development as a way of doing business in order to empower Team Members to successfully perform their jobs. Help to develop management talent by acting as a mentor for direct reports. Resolve Team Member grievances fairly and timely. Ensure your team fully understands performance standards, review processes, and reward successes.
- Maintain physical product standards by routinely inspecting department to ensure that equipment is in proper working condition and supplies are stocked at proper levels. Have acceptable property quality audits for assigned areas and implement action plans to correct deficiencies. Manage security procedures such as key control.
- Our Company culture fosters teamwork, guest service, and individual accountability. We deliver exceptional service, quality, and value to every guest, every time. This is the driving philosophy of our business. We want our hotels to be the best and our guests to be exceedingly satisfied.
- Health Insurance (3 plan options)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Company paid Basic Life Insurance
- Company paid Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Company paid Short Term Disability
- Company paid Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability Buy Up
- Educational Assistance Program
- 401k Plan with match up to 6%
- Davidson We Care Team Member Assistance Program
To learn more about Davidson Hotels & Resorts visit our website, www.DavidsonHotels.com and apply today!
EOE AA- Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Davidson Hotels & Resorts is a drug free workplace. Pre-employment drug test, background check, and job assessment required.
- 2 years prior departmental management experience in front office or related disciplines.
- Time management and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage and lead each discipline of the department independently.
- Ability to manage according to employment and Innkeeper laws of the jurisdiction.
- Prior cash handling experience necessary.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other Team Members.
- Read, write and speak English fluently
- Computer experience required. Proficient in Opera PMS, Micros & Microsoft Office
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Click here for more info: https://marriott.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=17001KZ2&lang=en
• Post ID: 82447742 chicago