Required Travel: 0-10%
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Min Experience: 5-7 Years
Job Function: Speech-Language Pathologist (CCC-SLP)
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: Yearly Salary)
Board of Directors
The Executive Director of CSLD reports to the Board of Directors, and is responsible for the organization's consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives.
In program development and administration, the Executive Director will
- Ensure that CSLD has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the board.
- Build an effective team of leaders by providing guidance and coaching to directors and supervisors.
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
In communications, the Executive Director will
- Develop and implement strategies aiming to promote the organization’s mission and “voice.”
- Ensure that the board is kept fully informed on the condition of CSLD and all important factors influencing it.
- Publicize the activities of CSLD, its programs and goals.
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations.
- Represent the programs and point of view of CSLD to agencies, organizations, and the general public.
In relations with staff, the Executive Director will
- See that an effective management team, with appropriate provision for succession, is in place.
- Oversee the recruitment, employment, and release of all personnel.
- Ensure that job descriptions are developed, that regular performance evaluations are held, and that sound human resource practices are in place.
- Encourage staff development and education.
- Maintain a climate that attracts, keeps, and motivates top-quality people.
In budget and finance, the Executive Director will
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices.
- Work with the staff, the Finance and Audit Committee, and the board in preparing a budget, and ensure that CSLD operates within budget guidelines.
- Ensure, in collaboration with the board, that adequate funds are available to permit CSLD to carry out its work.
- Expand, direct and oversee development and fundraising efforts.
- Review reports by directors and support staff to acquire understanding of the organization’s financial and non-financial position.
- Devise remedial actions for any identified issues and conduct crisis management when necessary.
The performance of the Executive Director will be evaluated annually in relation to goals set forth in the CSLD Strategic Plan.
- Proven experience as executive director or in other managerial position
- Experience in developing strategies and plans
- Ability to apply successful fundraising and networking techniques
- Strong understanding of finance
- An analytical mind capable of “out-of-the-box” thinking to solve problems
- Outstanding organization and leadership abilities
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and public speaking skills
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
Minimum Experience Required: 5–10 years’ experience in a non-profit management position and significant experience with budgeting
Required License/Registration/Certification: NA
Contact Person: Jaclyn Seiner
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply URL: http://csld.org
• Post ID: 64533478 chicago