Analyst - Business Technology, Consulting (Summer/Fall) - Indiana University - Deloitte (Chicago,
Passionate about technology? Energized by business transformation? Deloitte Consulting LLP is looking for candidates with outstanding leadership experience, strong academic performance, and excellent communication skills to join our Business Technology Analyst (BTA) program. BTAs collaborate with our clients’ business and IT organizations to deliver business-led, technology-enabled solutions that help enterprises adapt to their unique challenges and opportunities. Each incoming analyst is provided with a range of project opportunities to develop their skills and interests while also building a strong foundation as a technologist and future leader at Deloitte.
Work you’ll do
As a Business Technology Analyst, you will be an integral member of a client service team, collaborating with diverse and talented team members to help solve meaningful business problems, improve performance, and generate value for our clients across a broad base of industries. You will have opportunities to support the implementation of technical solutions to our clients’ most complex programs, ranging from standing up cloud infrastructure solutions for Fortune 500 companies, designing dashboards to enable business users to comprehend complex processes, or even developing a technology strategy to support executive-level business objectives. You can capitalize on our cross industry presence to find your niche and build your individual brand within the organization.
While a career in consulting is dynamic and evolving, we look for people who will perform in certain areas, grow those related skills and deliver exceptional results to our clients. We recognize that you have unique skills, experiences, and interests, so we divide the broad scope of the BTA role into skills-based segments in order to best align each BTA with a focus area. The segments function as subgroups that our analysts leverage to network and enhance their professional development. Setting our people up for success is our highest priority. We are currently recruiting Business Technology Analysts whose skills and interests align with one of the following areas:
- Technology Transformation: This analyst offers a powerful understanding of how technology solutions support the goal of improved business execution. They are able to identify a client problem and translate across technical and functional entities to provide a tailored solution to help improve a client’s business processes. These analysts may leverage experience in enterprise technologies to support these implementations.
- Data Analytics: This analyst is knowledgeable in or has an interest in functional areas across the enterprise and is able to transform client data into meaningful, actionable insights. They are familiar with a wide range of analytics and data transformation tools. They develop specializations naturally as a result of specific client needs on a case-by-case basis.
- Digital Engineering: This analyst is a skilled coder and designer – deeply engaged in technology with high technical acumen. They are prepared to jump into any technical role and knowledgeable about system architecture and cloud technologies. Digital Engineering BTAs understand the importance of the front-end design and user experience.
Our Technology Consulting team plays a major role in directly embedding technology insights into our clients’ organizational goals. At Deloitte, our technology consultants create sharply-focused solutions within an organization’s operating model, accounting for its people, intellectual capital, technology, and processes. Engagement teams at Deloitte drive value for our clients but also understand the importance of developing resources and contributing to the communities in which we work. We make it our business to take issue to impact, both within and beyond a client setting. Learn more about our Technology Consulting practice: https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/technology/solutions/technology-consulting-offerings.html
- Bachelor’s degree in these or related areas of study:
- Technology and Science: Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, IT Network Administration/Security, IT Operations/Administration, STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics), Data Science, Visual/Digital Design
- Business: Accounting, Informatics/Business/Marketing Analytics, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Operations, Statistics, Supply Chain, Information Management, Data Analytics
- Engineering: Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Management, Industrial Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering
- Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.4)
- Demonstrates interest and aptitude for technology
- Willingness to travel
Two of the most important tools in today’s business world are experience and resources. At Deloitte, you’ll find plenty of both. We believe in equipping our people with some of the best resources available and offering the experience, education, and opportunities you’ll need at the various stages of your career to be technologically fluent in order to help our clients succeed. As a new Business Technology Analyst, you will have the opportunity to attend a series of onboarding programs providing foundational knowledge of the Technology practice, essential core consulting skills and an in-depth understanding of the technology development lifecycle and Deloitte Consulting’s methodologies. Before hitting the ground on your first project, these programs will also offer the opportunity to apply your new knowledge and skills in a real-life project situation. Beyond the formal training, you will be part of the national BTA Program and have the opportunity to add another dimension to your experiences through internal initiatives, programs and events such as skills-based service trips, driving events in your local office or participating in an internal innovation challenge. Your work, clients and colleagues will challenge you intellectually, enabling you to build both your experience and an exceptional professional network. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center: https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du#home
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you: https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/life-at-deloitte-benefits-and-rewards.html
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte: https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/careers/life-at-deloitte.html?icid=top_life-at-deloitte
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world: https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/deloitte-corporate-citizenship.html
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals: https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/topics/recruiting-tips.html
• Post ID: 74871423 chicago