Posted: Monday, September 11, 2017 9:36 PM
Company Overview 13;
Grainger is a broad line, business:to:business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Graingers distribution centers and branches worldwide.
Position Description 13;
Lead execution of, and contribute to the creation of, product line strategies to deliver advantaged growth in the business.
Impact on the Organization:
Directly responsible for sales growth, gross profit and product assortment. Sales responsibility 200M :300M
Profit responsibility 100M:180M
Product Line Management
* Product Assortment and Lifecycle: Select and manage the product offering, including national brand and private label strategy, from introduction and stocking status to discontinuation.
* Product Line Reviews: Lead product line reviews to ensure profitable sales growth
* Customer Knowledge: Intimately familiar with Grainger customers in the US. Secondary familiarity to be developed for customers in Europe, Mexico and Canada and for Graingers varying, local go to market strategies.
* Product Knowledge: Expert Understanding of Safety Products. Designs and specifies product feature sets that create value for customers.
* Cost Management: Negotiate all elements of assigned supplier relationships to ensure lowest total cost of procurement, including: product cost, performance, rebates, etc.
* Issue Resolution: Resolve quality/service issues and ensure best customers experience through working with suppliers and internal business partners
* Inventory and Logistics: Drive supplier performance to meet inventory/logistics objectives working with internal business partners
Supplier Relationship Management
* Supplier Selection: Lead the evaluation and selection of product suppliers
* Negotiates Supply Agreements (SALs) with suppliers
* Relationship management: Own the relationship between supplier and all applicable Grainger departments including Supply Chain , Brand, Sales and Customer Service.
* Supplier Performance: Define, execute and/or monitor specific performance metrics and goals relevant to each supplier relationship. Responds to issue escalations from local Supplier Performance Analysts.
* International/Domestic Alignment: Leverage the multi:brand/global scale of Grainger to improve performance across various international and domestic business units where possible
* Global Line Reviews: Leverage global scale to ensure Grainger has the best offer and the best cost across international business units
* Continuous Improvement: Lead and/or support cross:functional continuous improvement initiatives and other special projects to improve the overall business
* Subject Matter Expert: Become the subject matter expert for the category through customer interactions, market research and participation in industry trade events
Position Requirements: 13;
* Bachelors degree required, MBA preferred
* Minimum 5 years of experience in product management or related fields
* Demonstrated ability to work cross:functionally and influence without direct authority
* Strong project management skills
* Strong analytical skills and intellectual curiosity
* Proven ability to generate and execute global product line strategy.
* Strong negotiation skills
* Strong written and v
• Location: Chicago
• Post ID: 76134953 chicago