Prestigious Company is looking for senior software engineers to lead Agile XP development teams in building digital products to support the Company Roadside Services strategy. Your team will develop code all day, every day, on a full stack cloud platform using pivotal cloud foundry, leveraging test-driven development and continuous integration/delivery. Your team will work in a highly structured, paired programming environment to enable learning and maximize productivity. You will partner with Product Managers within Company Roadside Services to translate our product strategy into highly functional, modular, and high-performance code. This is a tremendous opportunity to lead the creation of next-generation technologies, capabilities, and products to set us apart from the competition. You and your team will be working in our new innovation hub at the Merchandise Mart in downtown Chicago, which will provide the latest in modern equipment, spaces, and tools to help us accomplish this.
Don't miss this opportunity to join a team where your innovative thinking and technology skills can help build digital products that will fundamentally change safety on the roadways and the way people interact with their cars.
- You love to code and you're willing to fail fast and iterate to success.
- You're ready to judge your success by the success of your team and the happiness of your customers.
- You play well with others and have well developed communications skills. This is a paired programming environment so you have to be ready to be part of a team.
- You have experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile methodologies. If you are not interested in truly living in this world, it's not going to work out.
- You are proficient in several programming languages. You will be pairing with developers and need to be able to understand code well enough to ask/answer good questions.
- You have a clear understanding of cloud services, deployment models and distributed systems.
- 5-8 years of software development experience (core language: Java) in an Agile environment, preferably using Test Driven Development (TDD)
- At least 5 years Front End experience (HTML5, CSS3, Less) developing responsive designed applications (mobile first mentality)
- Strong Unit testing experience
- Experience with enterprise level, high-availability application development required
- Use object-oriented design (OOD) patterns for separation of concerns, code reusability, security and performance
- Experience in developing clean, well architected code
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux environments
- Comfortable working from the command-line (Bash, Ksh)
- Experience with Spring Boot Frameworks
- Strong mobile (native apps) experience (Android and/or iOS desired)
- Cloud computing (Cloud Foundry, Azure or AWS)
- Continuous integration and deployment such as Jenkins, Concourse CI and/or Gradle
- Source Control Management (preferably Git/GitHub)
- Strong database skills preferable experience using Oracle or SQL Server. Data (SQL or similar query language) and data constructs (XML, JSON)
- Experience developing/consuming Web Services (REST, SOAP, JSON), ETL jobs and APIs (Service-oriented architectures)
- Strong understanding of testing methodologies such as functional, SOA and performance testing
- Experience designing applications - in many iterations you will not receive a full spec and will need to feel comfortable thinking things through, filling in the blanks and iterating across sprints as we receive feedback from customer interactions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 79238912 chicago