What you’ll be doing...
The QA/UAT Analyst is a position within Verizon Telematics Information Technology Delivery division that will coordinate and execute the system and end-user acceptance testing involved with IT related enhancements and initiatives. The QA/UAT Analyst will:
- Perform testing (both system and UAT) for releases that support the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, and other functional applications across the entire organization for all divisions worldwide
- Work with the various parties (Business Systems Analysts, Business stakeholders/IT resources, etc.) to understand the business and system requirements and correctly and thoroughly document functional and end-to-end test cases
- Quickly and thoroughly understand the IT systems landscape and understand the impact of changes being requested to be able to test the changes and their impacts accordingly
- Analyze and identify gaps in requirements based on knowledge of the business systems processes and end to end processes
- Document and execute test cases that adhere to functional requirements in various test environments; pinpoint exact steps to reproduce defects/issues and work with IT to bring about defect resolutions
- Analyze defects and troubleshoot them accordingly and identify root causes
- Maintain test plans and test cases to be executed during a project’s testing lifecycle and maintain regression test cases as new enhancements are released to the various systems
- Track all testing plans, results, and defects within a test management tool
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent. Prefer degree in Computer Information System or MIS
- At least 2-5 years of experience in a QA/UAT Analyst role
- Ability to balance technical skills with business savvy – ability to transform end-user requirements into system and end user test cases
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to various business systems and processes as well as testing tools and methodologies
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; able to work efficiently while meeting tight deadlines and multiple competing priorities
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills; ability to work creatively in problem solving environment and ability to think outside the box in order to ensure testing is thorough
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative in researching problems and proposing solutions
- Willingness to work flexible and/or extended hours to complete project tasks and coordinate migrations and/or calls with stakeholders in various time zones after hours
- Ability to Travel up to 25%
- Knowledge and experience documenting system requirements
- Use of testing tools and automated testing software
- Detailed understanding of common industry standard business practices as related to: Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations, Care, etc.
- Experience with software in a ‘Software as a Service’ (SaaS) environment
- Knowledge and use of ERP and CRM systems (like Salesforce,NetSuite,Oracle/SAP)
- Project management, system implementation and system integration experience
- Experience with working with a PMO office, Business Systems Analysts, and Project Managers
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7944605-it-qa-uat-analyst
• Post ID: 78971477 chicago