Tennant Company is recognized as an industry leader in the design and manufacturing of cleaning equipment and coatings that focus on creating a cleaner, safer, healthier world. Tennants business includes equipment and coatings used to clean and maintain indoor and outdoor surfaces. Tennant employees work to create a cleaner, safer, healthier world. Tennant is a company that cares about what it's doing, and the sustainability of its products, and works every day to develop new solutions that clean exceptionally well, but don't damage the environment. Employees of Tennant Company work with a spirit of Stewardship. Very simply, Stewardship is a filter for our actions and decision-making, as we strive to leave things in better condition than when we found them.
Florock is a leader in the research, development, and production of resinous floor coating systems for commercial, industrial and institutional applications. As a result of consistent growth, Florock products are manufactured in a new expanded facility in Chicago, Illinois, owned and operated by Tennant Company. Florock has distribution throughout North America as well as a reseller in the United Kingdom.
The Shipping Clerk will prepare shipping documents for domestic and international shipments ensuring accuracy of information. Youll use your experience with bills of lading, commercial invoicing and packing lists to ensure that packages are sent out correctly, on-time and to customer specifications. In this role youll use your customer service and communication skills to work with individuals across the organization to ensure issues are resolved and that the department runs smoothly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine method of shipment, shipping charges, and schedule pick-ups with freight carriers per customer's specifications
- Communicates with customer service regarding changes or delays in schedules.
- Communicate with freight carriers to track delivery and resolve issues.
- Experience with UPS and FedEx documentation and software preferred.
- Update systems with accurate receipt quantities
- Receive and process returned goods
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum of three years of shipping and receiving experience
- Experience with WMS systems
- SAP experience preferred
- Spanish proficiency preferred
- Hazmat certification preferred and/or experience shipping hazardous materials
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite, Including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience in decision making and exercising sound judgement to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and solve problems to complete assigned tasks
- Ability to plan, prioritize and multitask
- Consistent attendance either onsite or remotely as needed by the business
- Ability to take direction and accept supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, organize and accurately prioritize work, be detail oriented, understand when urgency is required and use good judgement in varied situations
- Lean, Six Sigma, or other process improvement experience
REQUIRED PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Most regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasional lift and/or move 40 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tennant Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability, reliability, productivity, and other factors important to performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 90804282 chicago