The Financial Reporting Intern will assist various members of the Corporate Accounting team in completing a variety of tasks which may include the preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, account analysis and schedules for external auditors. You will also be involved in the preparation of the companys internal and external financial statements and related footnotes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Work closely with experienced members of the Corporate Accounting team in performing various accounting responsibilities that will expand the interns accounting knowledge. These duties may include such items as the preparation of the financial statements for the company and its various benefit plans and assist multiple departments in the monthly close process. The intern may also be assigned other ad hoc projects or researching accounting issues as required.
Projects the intern will work on:
- Assist in the preparation of Consolidated Financial Statements and related footnotes
- Prepare various journal entries for the month-end close process
- Prepare account reconciliations to substantiate the balances in critical accounts
- Learn various aspects of Cost Accounting including gaining a better understanding of inventory reporting, reconciling inventory balances at various company locations, and maintaining the general scrap database.
- Learn various aspects of Fixed Asset Accounting including the participation in a physical count of fixed asset inventory and assisting in the processing of certain transactional activity such as creating and retiring railcars and various other company assets.
- Opportunity to apply learned financial and managerial accounting concepts while gaining valuable real world accounting experience at a multi-billion dollar company.
- Be introduced to various complex accounting and financial reporting systems and learn how to utilize them.
- In addition to developing your accounting acumen, you will develop the proper soft skills by working alongside experienced accounting professionals in a team environment.
- Major(s): Accounting/Finance
- Year in school: completed at least 2 years of a business program at an accredited college/university
- Specific course work: Accounting
Preferred Qualities Possessed by Candidate:
- Smart, energetic self-starter
- Good problem solving/critical thinking
- Eagerness to learn
- Positive attitude
- Proficiency in Word/Excel preferred.
- Prior experience working with a G/L system is a plus.
The above job description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Location: Chicago, IL
Education Experience: 15041
Employment Experience: Intern
Employment Status: Intern
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Direct Reports: No
TTX Company is a leading provider of railcars and related freight car management services to the North American rail industry. TTXs pool of railcars is ideal for supporting shippers in the intermodal, automotive, paper & forest, metals, machinery, wind energy and other markets where flatcars, boxcars and gondolas are required.
TTX Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 86935312 chicago